Rock Steady Boxing
Fighting Back Against Parkinson’s
TNT is proud to be affiliated with Indianapolis based Rock Steady Boxing to offer this innovative program to the Fargo-Moorhead and surrounding communities. Over one million people in the United States are diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease, and more than 60,000 are diagnosed each year. Rock Steady Boxing gives individuals diagnosed with the disease hope by improving their quality of life through a non-contact boxing based fitness curriculum.
Parkinson’s causes a loss in many of the same elements that boxers condition to improve. Among them are balance, muscular endurance, footwork and hand-eye coordination. Published medical research has shown that forced, intense exercise can reduce, reverse, and delay Parkinson’s symptoms!
What are the classes like?
- Participants rotate through adapted boxing drills
- Drills include a variety of focus mitts, heavy bags, speed bags, jump rope, core work, etc…
- Participants rotate through drills and stations quickly to maintain intensity
- Helpers are welcomed to attend class with participants if assistance is needed
When are the classes?
- Classes are held Monday through Thursday from 12:30-1:45pm, and Tuesday at 11:00am-12:30pm
How do I sign up?
- Contact Jake Haile at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started
- Evaluations with Jake are held at 12pm before every class